The topic for the meeting of the Columbus Futurists for October 23 is the Future of Television. Television – with it’s ability to broadcast visuals and audio – basically combining all other forms of media created to date – may be the most impactive communications medium in the history of mankind.
There are many thoughtful articles exploring the evolution of TV, but we will base our discussion on these pieces, as a starting point:
- The Future of Television: Countless Options, Multiple Screens
- Netflix’s New Look Is a Glimpse at the Future of TV
- Why the Internet May Actually Be Good for the Future of TV
- Six Trends Directing the Future of Television
- The Future of TV Isn’t Apps. We Need All Our Channels in One Place
Few people are neutral about the importance of television, or the direction of its development. We look forward to a lively discussion!
– Rich Bowers